Brozzian's Penne Al Vodka
This is one of Brozzian's favorite recipes to make; it's rich, flavorful, and addictive. It's truly a comfort food and it's not too complex to make. This is the perfect recipe for family dinner or to bring to a party/cookout.
Included Brozzian Products:
|15 - 20 Minutes|
|1 Hour, 20 Minutes|
- 1 Tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Pound of Sweet Italian Sausage
- 1 Pound of Hot Italian Sausage
- 2 Medium Onions, Small Diced
- 2 teaspoons of Brozzian's Italian Herb Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of Brozzian's All Purpose Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon of Brozzian's Mediterranean Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of Black Pepper
- 2 teaspoons of Kosher Salt
- 1 Tablespoon of Fresh Minced Garlic
- 1/2 Cup of Vodka (Not Flavored)
- 1 (28 oz) Can of Crushed Tomatoes
- 1/4 Cup of Heavy Cream
- 2 Tablespoons of Parmesan Cheese
- 1 lb (1 Box) of Penne Pasta
- Take all the casings off the sausage by cutting a slit down the middle and peeling the casings off.
(If you already have ground sausage with no casings, ignore this step).
- Place the 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil in a large pot or skillet, on medium-high heat.
- Take the sausage and break it up as you add it to the hot pan.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes until the sausage is brown and fully cooked.
- If there is a lot of grease, you may drain some now if you choose.
- Now add the 2 small-diced onions, 1/2 teaspoon of Mediterranean Salt, and the 1/2 teaspoon of Black Pepper to the pan.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the onions are translucent (see-through).
- Add the 1 Tablespoon of fresh garlic and the 2 teaspoons of Italian Herbs Seasoning.
- Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Now add the 1/2 cup of vodka, the 1 can of crushed tomatoes, and only 1/2 teaspoon of the All Purpose Seasoning.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer and lower the heat to "low" so it continues to simmer; stir occasionally. Cook uncovered for 1 hour.
- With about 10 minutes remaining on the sauce, start to boil water for your penne pasta. Add the 2 teaspoons of Kosher Salt to the water.
- Once your water is boiling, add the pasta, stirring occasionally for about 10-12 minutes or until the pasta is al dente (to the bite).
- While your pasta is cooking, add the 1/4 cup of heavy cream and the other 1/2 teaspoon of All Purpose Seasoning to the sauce. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Once the pasta is done, drain it and add it directly to the sauce (do no rinse).
- Now add the 2 Tablespoons of Parmesan cheese to the dish; mix and serve. Enjoy!
(Optional) For that extra love, sprinkle some freshly shredded mozzarella cheese over the top and allow it to melt on your hot Penne Al Vodka, making this dish even more sensational!