Brozzian's Seaside Steamed Mussels will take you straight to the seaside with one of the seafood's most popular: Mussels! This recipe is simple but tastes like you got the mussels from your local seafood restaurant as an appetizer. This method is much better then just boiling them, as you are steaming them and adding a lot of flavor. This is a great recipe to throw out there when friends are coming over for the evening or for that next big sporting event.
Included Brozzian Products: Seaside Seasoning (Seafood Seasoning)
2 Pounds of Mussels
- 2 Pound Bag of Mussels
- 1 Tablespoon of Fresh Garlic
- 2 teaspoons of Brozzian's Seaside Seasoning
- 1/2 Cup of White Cooking Wine
- 2 Tablespoons of Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon of Olive Oil
- Take the two pound bag of mussels, open the bag and wash the mussels.
- Take a large skillet or pot that has a cover for it.
- Place the skillet on high heat and add the 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Add the 1 Tablespoon of fresh garlic.
- Cook the garlic for 1 minute and then add the 2 teaspoons of Brozzian's Seaside Seasoning to the pan.
- Next, add the entire bag of mussels to the pan.
- Add the 1/2 cup of white wine and the 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Mix around gently and then put the cover on the pan, steam for about 2-3 minutes.
- Your mussels should be done, all of them should be completely open and ready to eat. Dump them in a strainer and then serve them in a bowl for everyone to snack on. Enjoy.
Any mussels that are still closed after steaming should be discarded and not eaten, as those may not be good.